Seeking an experienced, qualified property manager for an established HUD Section 8 & LIHTC property located in Jersey City.
The Property Manager has full on-site day-to-day responsibility for all property (community) management activities/functions and ensures that a property or properties under his/her control are always maintained in good physical condition and with a stable fiscal operation, providing residents clean and well-maintained communities. The Property Manager must be a hands on supervisor and comfortable working with the tenants on a daily basis and completing tenant paperwork.
The Property Manager is responsible for the following:
- Provides leadership and direction to all staff at the property, which includes: creates and manages staff schedules for routine and emergency work; hires new employees (for open positions approved by the Regional Property Manager); trains staff
- General office administration, including filing
- Oversees property maintenance (exterior and interior)
- Completes move-in and move-out paperwork
- Manages rent collections and complete daily bank deposits
- Completes ARs and IRs
- Maintains positive resident relations
- Assesses critical or emergency situations and makes calm and sound business judgements and respond to situations when management support is not immediately available
- Accurately reports all accidents and emergency situations to appropriate personnel
- Prepares, processes, modifies and signs lease agreements and related forms.
- Maintains knowledge of competition and market conditions effecting leasing and operations and makes adjustments to the business and marketing models to ensure the Company remains competitive and in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Ensures all residents living in community meet compliance and eligibility requirements as established by the appropriate local, state and/or federal agencies.
- Addresses any non-compliant issues swiftly and appropriately.
- Maintains vacancy information reports as required by corporate, investors and monitoring agencies.
- Supervises any outside contractors working on the property and collects COIs
- Performs physical needs assessment
- Negotiates contracts with vendors, and ensure work is completed by the agreed upon deadline
- Participates in and direct office and maintenance staff regarding all move in/out and agency inspections and inspection processes.
- Meets and works with residents, resident organizations and resident services providers to address issues, make improvements, and maintain positive relations.
- Complies with all Company Accounting and Operations directives, policies and procedures.
- Continually inspects property recording deficiencies, making improvements and taking any required actions according to Company guidelines.
- Obtains all certifications or licenses that are required by the company, state or agencies within first year of employment.
- Remains current on and compliant with all laws and policies effecting the leasing of the property and all required certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires the management of overall physical and daily operations of the facilities in compliance with current applicable federal, state and local requirements and in accordance with facility policies. Must have experience in management of the HUD subsidized Section 8 housing programs and Fair Housing Standards. Ability to read and write in English and Spanish preferred.
The Property Manager should have some knowledge of community resources, professional appearance and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner; good communication skills; ability to relate well to adults; self-motivated; excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and legible financial records; self-starter; good in multi-tasking, strong computer and math skills, which include HUD and Tax Credit software programs.
The preferred individual will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of housing management experience to include HUD Section 8 Standards.
- Certification as Assisted Housing Manager, Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and/or other comparable affordable housing credentials provided by or approved by HUD; and the ability to obtain any certifications needed within one year required.
- Certified as a New Jersey Real Estate Salesperson or the ability to obtain such certification within one year required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; two or more years of college preferred.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Income Verification (EIV), Fair Housing rules and regulations and Civil Rights monitoring.
- Experience in supervision of staff, to include administrative, facilities and support services.
- Competency with OneSite, Real Page, Microsoft Basic Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to be on-call outside of normal business hours, as needed, to act as emergency response coordinator.
- Proficient in reading and writing in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other legally protected status.
- At-will employment
- Remote work is not available.