1. Maintain a detail project management plan including project schedule, progress on deliverables, roadblock identification, and needs to complete deliverables on time.
2. Build relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and collaborate with internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
3. Responsible for identifying and implementing cost saving strategies and budgeting for utilities within an account.
4. Evaluate energy markets for savings opportunities. Develop a priority based action plan based on the savings analysis from utility rate optimization and/or third-party retail contract potential, designed to generate savings.
5. Identify and Evaluate third party contract opportunities for sites in deregulated electricity and natural gas markets. To uncover sites where savings may exist from moving the energy supply onto a third party contract.
6. Review existing utility rate structures for all electricity and natural gas accounts and utility providers to ensure Amazon is served by the most cost-effective utility rate, especially in regulated markets where third party supply is not possible.
7. Work with CBRE's Energy Procurement Solutions Group to identify and evaluate third-party contract opportunities for sites in deregulated electricity and natural gas markets that are not currently part of Amazon's Retail Energy Procurement Strategy.
8. Manage blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and meet committed delivery timelines
9. Working knowledge of green tariffs, renewable energy contracts and incentive programs.
Function Specific Work Activities :
10. Manage energy supply contracts (eg. PPAs, retail energy agreements) including benchmarking performance, auditing payments and managing renewals.
11. Ensure Amazon and its counterparties are compliant with energy supply contracts
12. Manage project selection process including setting and maintaining best practices for solicitations and vendor selection
13. Manage Amazon Energy's compliance program by driving timeline regulatory filings, validating inputs, writing concise documentation.
14. Manage environmental attribute tracking and retirement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a mid-size or large company in the following areas: project management, utility procurement, construction management
- 3+ years of power contracting experience or working in the utility/energy industry
- Demonstrated advanced project management skills working with multiple levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Highly competent with personal computers and productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and SharePoint, lease administration and familiarity with relational databases; knowledge of Saleforce.com a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
MBA or Master's degree in engineering
Experience negotiating and executing power supply contracts
5+ years of power contracting experience or working in the utility/energy industry
Experience with renewable PPA generation/contracting
Internal Number: 20031529
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.