Manage Mechanical, Electrical, and Pipe (MEP) trades assigned to the Denver Health (DH) Engineering department. Manages MEP supervisors to include hiring, developing, evaluating, and disciplining. Develops plans to meet or exceed the specifications, safety requirements, and production pace. Performs short and long-term scheduling to maximize the utilization of crews, equipment, and materials. Maintains communication with other departments to ensure goals are being achieved. Promotes customer service initiative by maintaining safe and easy to access facilities.
1. Develops, plans and coordinates projects for MEP.
2. Assigns roles to appropriate staff members.
3. Ensures tasks are completed on time and within budget.
4. Completes and maintains documentation for Joint Commission, OSHA, Air Pollution Emissions Notice.
5. Manage Method of Procedure (MOP) for all utility shutdowns.
6. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
7. Review and advise on MEP requisitions and contract changes
8. Analyze contract documents for constructability, code compliance and functionality.
9. Encourage, Lead and participate in staff training and development.
10. Partners with Construction on projects to provide optimal finished product.
11. Adheres to, complies with, and demonstrates support for the mission and value of Denver Health Hospital Authority.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of facility engineering equipment and terminology
2. Ability to diagnose and solve technical and/or system problems of varying complexity. 3. Able to run reports from maintenance system, interpret data and present information, trends and recommendations to management in a clear and concose manner.
4. Effectively communicate technical information in a discussion or training setting and ensure understanding.
5. Attentive to timelines of systems operations and able to complete work according to deadlines and in collaboration with others
Computers and Technology
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office
2. Proficient in Microsoft Project
3. Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL programming
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, civil engineering, sustainability, or related field required.
2. Four years' experience as an engineer required.
3. One year in a leadership role required.
1. Driver's License (Required) 2. Professional Engineer License (Required)
Location Main Campus - Pavilion A
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3302
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.